Sterling Green Community Improvement Association
When a notice has been issued and the violation cannot be corrected immediately, the homeowner must call the HOA office to request an extension to correct the violation as soon as possible.
Below is a Summary of SGCIA Frequently Violated Deed Restrictions.
- Parking is NOT ALLOWED on lawns or sidewalks at anytime.
- Abandoned or Inoperable Vehicles are not allowed to be stored on the roadways, driveways or on any lot within the subdivision. They will be reported to Harris County Sheriff Department.
- Boats, Trailers, Vendors, Booths, Food Trucks or any type of commercial vehicles are not allowed to be stored any place in the subdivision at any time.
- Trash cans, bagged garbage, barbeque pits, toys, etc. should be stored in the backyard or garage of the residence at all times. (Out of Public View) Trash cans/debris should not be placed on the curb for garbage pick-up until after 6:00PM the day prior to the scheduled pick-up day. Plastic trash bags are to be placed in the trash can, unless it has grass or leaf debris. On garbage and trash pick up days, garbage and trash should be placed in conatiners and the containers should be placed on the curb or sidewalk--NOT ON THE STREET.
- Lawns are to be kept cut, edged and free of debris on a regular basis . Grass clippings, etc. are NOT allowed to be swept or blown into the gutters at any time.
- Dead trees and partially dead trees need to be cut down or trimmed as required. The debris should be hauled off because garbage pick-up will not haul it off. Tree trunks of trees that have been cut down should be grinded.
- Only proper landscaping is allowed for front of the residence. Vegetable gardens are not allowed to be planted in public view. (Backyard Only)
- Unusual lawn ornaments should be approved by the HOA.
- A/C window units are not allowed to be installed.
- Basketball Goals are not to be stored on the street at any time. Use of the basketball goals is limited to the driveway. Basketball goals are to be stored out of public view when not in use. Basketball goals installed into the ground are not allowed at any time.
- 18-Wheelers are not allowed in subdivision at anytime, except for deliveries.
- Sterling Green is a single-family dwelling community. Multiple families dwellings in one household is not allowed for any purpose.
- Per Harris County Ordinance, animals are not allowed to run loose. They must be on a leash or kept enclosed in the backyard at all time. Farm animals are not allowed in the subdivision at any time. (Farm animals includes:chickens, cows, horses, etc.) No more than two (2) of each type of animal is allowed for each resident. They must not bark constantly disturbing other residents.
- Garage doors should be in good, working condition at all time--damaged doors must be replaced.
- Fences need to be in good condition and built according to (ACC) guidelines. (No more than 8 feet in height. Gates must have latches for closure. (Bricks are not allowed to be used instead of latches.)
- (ACC) approval is required for ALL paint color changes and ALL exterior modifications. (Forms are available at the SGCIA office)
- Flyers and Advertisement Signs are not allowed to be posted on mailboxes or light poles or anywhere in the subdivision.
- Individual Garage Sales are not allowed anytime expect on Scheduled Community Garage Sale Days.
- Use of Fireworks are banned-- they are not allowed in the subdivision at any time.
- The burning of any type of trash or debris in this community is not allowed.
- Businesses are not allowed to operate within this Community.
- There is a Noise Ordinance in Harris County which includes loud music, parties, barking dogs, etc.
- ATV (3-wheelers/4-wheelers), dirt bikes, golf carts, etc. are not allowed to be parked/stored, operated, etc. within the subdivision at any time for any reason. Operating any of these types of vehicles on a public road is a violation of the county/state ordinance as well.
- Pools (In-ground and Above-ground) must be kept clean and clear at all time to avoid rodents, snakes, frogs, etc. from living in it.
- Fruit Trees are not allowed to be in the front yard of the property.